How to apply
If you would like to apply to Ilisimatusarfik as a guest student, please complete the following steps:
If you want to study at Ilisimatusarfik as a guest student for a semester, then you should:
- Be a full-time student, and
- Have completed at least two full years at an accredited institution
Graduate students who come via Erasmus +, Nordplus, UArctic or another cooperation agreement have priority.
If you are a student at a university, where we have a partnership agreement - or your university is part of a network agreement, then your international coordinator is to nominate you as a guest student at Ilisimatusarfik.
Fill in our online application forms:
- The application form (it is ok only to write which programme you apply for as a guest student - we will find your courses later)
- Application form for accommodation (note: in Nuuk, student accommodation is very limited. For this reason, it is only possible to be awarded student accommodation for one semester as a guest student)
- If you are a student at a university, where we have a partnership agreement - or your university is part of a network agreement, then your international coordinator is to nominate you as a guest student at Ilisimatusarfik
Note: before you can submit the application form online - you have to attach the following files (so have them ready):
Scan of your passport (front, back, name page)
Academic transcript from your home university
TOEFL or IELTS (if you are to take courses in English)
Submit your online application(s) before these deadlines:
- Fall Semester (September start): application deadline is 01 May
- Spring semester (February start): application deadline is 01 October
We will send you a response to your application after the deadline has expired.
If you have been accepted as a guest student, you will receive additional information.
If you are accepted as an exchange student, non-Nordic citizens (including EU citizens who stay for longer than three months) may have to apply for a study visa.
We also recommend that you purchase comprehensive health and travel insurance, which also covers missing flights due to the cancellation or delay of a prior flight.