Greenland Center for Health Research
The Institute of Nursing and Health Science's "Greenland Center for Health Research" (GCHR)
- Increase coordination among research institutions
- Develop, exchange, disseminate and apply scientific knowledge
- Create national and international networks
- Build local capacity through mentoring and PhD programs
- Improve community involvement and local partnerships
- To improve the health status in Greenland through initiation and coordination of health research
The Institute of Nursing and Health Science's "Greenland Center for Health Research" (GCHR) was inaugurated at a meeting in Nuuk of the Danish-Greenlandic Society for Circumpolar Health in October 2008.
The aim of the GCHR is to enhance cooperation between researchers from other countries and health professionals in Greenland, to further research cooperation within Greenland, and to facilitate the interaction of researchers from other countries with the Greenland community at large. The GCHR is active in teaching at all levels from classroom teaching of nursing students to supervision of PhD Students. In a longer perspective the GCHR will work for the establishment of a data archive and archive of specimens collected in Greenland.