PhD course II
26.06.2018 - 30.06.2018
Research Cohort, Reproduction and Environmental Health, Community Involvement, Population Trends across the Arctic, Multidisciplinary Research
Lectures about general population in the Arctic. Results of modeling its future by levels of education. Some demographic measures and indices and why they are important in policy. Learn how to making population pyramids for own Arctic region using e.g. fertility-mortality-migration indicators (Anastasia Emelyanova, Post Doc, UArctic Research Office, Oulu Finland).
Description: This session will provide brief overview of participatory research methods that foster respectful community engagement and reciprocal learning, including diverse Arctic project examples and opportunity for active case study discussion and consideration of potential ethical challenges (Rhonda Johnson, Professor, Anchorage Alaska).
Introductory, focusing on environment and reproduction in the Arctic. Case study in Arctic Health: Group work (Jon Øyvind Odland, Professor, Tromsø Norway).
Lecture to introduce the multidisciplinary research, collaboration, questions of ethics from research examples. To focus on the good practices of study design, publishing data and how to ensure the use of own research to the other scientists (Arja Rautio, Professor, Oulu Finland).
Lectures about Greenlandic Cohort, Birth Cohort, Greenland Health Survey, Diabetes Clinical Cohort, by some of the researchers connect to Greenland Center of Health Research (Gert Mulvad).
During the course there will be ½ hour presentation and discussion from all the students.
All session will have group work and discussion.
- Arctic Population modeling its future by levels of education
- Demographic measures
- Fertility-mortality-migration indicators
- Participatory research methods
- Community engagement
- Ethical challenges.
- Environment and reproduction in the Arctic
- Multidisciplinary research
- Good practices of study design
- Research cohort
More specific program a literature list will be send to all participants.
In February there will be a call through UArctic for travel money to students going to courses in Greenland (Kingdom of Denmark).
For further information contact Gert Mulvad email@example.com.
- Academic level: PhD & præ PhD
- Country: Greenland
- Language of instruction: English
- Institution: University of Greenland
- Begin date: 26 June 2018
- End date: 30 June 2018
- Registration deadline: 01 May 2018 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ECTS: 3.0
- Teaching place: Greenland Centre of Health Research, University of Greenland, Nuuk, Greenland
- Teaching: Rhonda Johnson, Professor, Anchorage Alaska - Arja Rautio, Professor, Oulu, Finland - Jon Øyvind Odland, Professor, Tromsø, Norway - Anastasia Emelyanov, Post Doc, UArctic Research Office, Oulu, Finland - Professors and Post Doc University of Greenland
- Tags: Reproductive and Environmental Health, Community involvement, Population trends, Cohort, Multidisciplinary