How to apply
If you would like to apply to Ilisimatusarfik as a guest student, please complete the following steps:
If you want to study at Ilisimatusarfik as a guest student for a semester, then you should:
- Be a full-time student, and
- Have completed at least two full years at an accredited institution
Graduate students who come via Erasmus +, Nordplus, UArctic or another cooperation agreement have priority.
Ilisimatusarfik offers courses in Danish and Greenlandic in all our programmes - see the programmes' curriculum for more information about the course content (click on the Danish or Greenlandic version of this website).
Please note: we only offer few courses in English.
Your language skills will determine which courses you can apply for as a guest student.
If you are a student at a university, where we have a partnership agreement - or your university is part of a network agreement, then your international coordinator is to nominate you as a guest student at Ilisimatusarfik.
- Fall Semester (September start): 01 May
- Spring semester (February start): 01 October
Fill in our online application forms:
- The application form (it is ok only to write which programme you apply for as a guest student - we will find your courses later)
- Housing application (guest students apply for housing through the Government of Greenland. You will receive information about the application procedure together with your admission letter)
- If you are a student at a university, where we have a partnership agreement - or your university is part of a network agreement, then your international coordinator has to nominate you as a guest student at Ilisimatusarfik
Note: before you can submit the application form online - you have to attach the following files (so have them ready):
Academic transcript from your home university
TOEFL or IELTS (if you are to take some of our few courses in English)
Submit online application(s) before these deadlines:
- Fall Semester (September start): application deadline is 01 May
- Spring semester (February start): application deadline is 01 October
We will send you a response to your application after the deadline has expired.
If you have been accepted as a guest student, you will receive additional information.
If you are accepted as a guest student, non-Nordic citizens (including EU citizens who stay for longer than three months) have to apply for a residence permit.
We also recommend that you purchase comprehensive health and travel insurance, which also covers missing flights due to the cancellation or delay of a prior flight.