External members appointed to Ilisimatusarfik's board
Translated from www.naalakkersuisut.gl
Naalakkersuisut has appointed external members to the new board of Ilisimatusarfik. The board is appointed for a four-year term and is ready to roll up their sleeves from 01 August. The board consists of 11 members, five of whom are staff representatives and six are external members appointed by Naalakkersuisut, for a maximum of two periods.
"The development of our society places increasing demands on our professional competences, where our young graduates are among our most important resources for a good and positive development. We are therefore looking forward to a continued positive development with contributions from Ilisimatusarfik.
I would like to thank the outgoing board members for their great and forward-looking efforts. Ilisimatusarfik has doubled the number of graduates in just about 10 years, and this testifies to the great effort that has been mustered.
I wish Ilisimatusarfik's board good luck, and with a mix of both re-appointed and new members, I am confident that the board will continue to ensure continuity in the work on the development of Ilisimatusarfik", Minister of Education, Ane Lone Bagger says.
The six external members of the board are:
- Svend Hardenberg, CEO
- Karsten Høy, CEO
- Randi Vestergaard Evaldsen, purchasing manager
- Suzanne Møller, former head of institute & pro-rector
- Malan Marnersdóttir, professor
- Ross Virginia, professor
Of the six external members, Malan Marnersdóttir and Ross Virginia were members of the board from 2016 to 2020.
Together with Ilisimatusarfik's internally elected students and staff, the external members will constitute the new board from 01 August 2020.
The internal members are:
- Jens Erik Kirkegaard, student representative
- Rikke Østergaard, student representative
- Lars Demant-Poort, represents researchers and lecturers - including PhD students
- Silke Reeploeg, represents researchers and lecturers - including PhD students
- Johanne B. Tobiassen, represents technical and administrative staff